Hi Syd,

* Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> [2011-11-16 14:36:24 +0100]:
> On 2011-11-16 09:12, syd.lavas...@gmail.com wrote:
> > (Should I write directly to William Stein).
> Probably not, sage-devel is the right place to ask.  Or also, the
> "comment" section on http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/9054
I'm not sure if this could be relevant to you, but I use a number of
(dirty) patches related to iterated extensions and isomorphisms of
function fields. Now that #9054 seems to be stable I should probably
turn these into actual tickets...I might do so in the next few days and
add pointers to them at #9054.
I never used magma so I don't know what their function fields can do, but
if you have any specific questions or stumble on any problems feel free
to contact me (saraedum) in the #sagemath IRC channel.
(http://www.sagemath.org/help-irc.html)

cheers,
julian