On Nov 17, 5:07 pm, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 5:10 pm, Bill Janssen <bill.jans...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > OK, the libjpeg now builds in place.
>
> > I see that on my Ubuntu box, the spkg-check file isn't being run
> > automatically.  Any ideas as to why that might be?
>
> Did you set
>
> SAGE_CHECK=yes
>
> ?  That is the flag that sets that to run.  Otherwise Sage would
> always fail, because the Python spkg-check always fails...

I did not.  Neither on my Mac (where spkg-check runs) or on my Ubuntu
box (where it doesn't run).  I just tried setting it on my Ubuntu
machine, then running "sage -f pil-1.1.7.p0.spkg" again.  Still
doesn't run spkg-check there.

Is there a "verbose" flag of some sort I could set to see what's going
on?

Bill