On Dec 1, 6:43 pm, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> VirtualBox is GPL version 2. Oracle has a more-restricted add-on package to
> support virtual USB and so on, but we don't need that for Sage purposes.
> Also we are not linking to VirtualBox, so there shouldn't be any conflict
> with GPL v2 vs. v3. But then IANAL ;-)

Basically you download the OSE version from their homepage
from the Oracle Homepage Licence FAQ:
The Open Source Edition (OSE) is released under the GNU General Public
License V2. Essentially, this means that you get the full source code
of VirtualBox OSE, and you can distribute and modify it, provided that
you ship all modifications under the GPL as well.

However I also used an older OSE build of Vbox from
http://vboxwin32.sourceforge.net/
and this worked too (with some tweaking)

I built it on a windows 7 32 bit computer, but it should be possible
to make 64 bit versions as well. And it should also be possible to
built Windows installers on a Linux machine (using wine). I did this
with the Live CD exe installers.