I'm working on updating matplotlib to 1.1.0. A significant number of test images were added in this update to matplotlib (over 20M of images). This has the effect of ballooning the size of the spkg from the current 12M to 32M. If I delete the test images (including the ones in the current matplotlib spkg), then the updated spkg weighs in at 8.2M.

So: Do we want to ship the matplotlib test images? To my understanding, they are only used in internal matplotlib testing.

[ ] Yes, ship the test images, and have a new spkg that is 32M

[ ] No, don't ship the test images with the new spkg

Thanks,

Jason