On Dec 15, 4:38 am, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> On 2011-12-15 06:03, Jason Grout wrote:> [X] No, don't ship the test images
> with the new spkg
+1, for now
> and document the fact that images aren't shipped very clearly in SPKG.txt

And document very clearly how one *would* test them if we ever had a
future where they would be used with SAGE_CHECK.

The fact that we don't have nose hurts us in this, I think; one could
imagine an env variable SAGE_BUILD_WITH_TEST_JUNK that would build
Sage *with* a lot of the stuff we currently delete, though I'm not
quite sure how that would be accomplished.  But not having things like
that goes (slightly) against the "batteries included" philosophy,
though naturally the size savings are significant here.