On 12/19/11 3:38 PM, William Stein wrote:

So: is it okay to require someone to have internet access to make a sagenb
spkg?

Yes, definitely.  You just can't require internet to *install* it.

If that's okay, is it okay to download dependencies fresh every time the
spkg is updated, or would we rather have deliberate updates by hand?

We've been doing this for a very long time -- downloading fresh deps
each time the spkg is updated, and it has worked.  This was setup by
Tim Dumol long ago.

Well, it's been disabled for over a year and a half [1]. Anyways, I fixed things up to enable it again and updated the list of dependencies.

I've updated the flask sagenb ticket with this new dependencies-included sagenb spkg. The instructions are now:

cd $SAGE_ROOT
./sage -f http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/jason/twisted-11.0.0.spkg
./sage -f http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/jason/sagenb-0.9.0.spkg
cd devel/sage
../../sage -hg qimport http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/raw-attachment/ticket/11078/trac_11078.patch
../../sage -hg qpush
cd ../../
./sage -br

I haven't had time to figure out the right things to update the translations, though. The SPKG.txt instructions are vague enough about using pybabel that they aren't very useful (for example what files should I update? The SPKG.txt references files that don't exist)

If someone could help with updating the translations (and update the SPKG.txt instructions to have specific commands to run; or even better, put the updated pybabel commands in the spkg-dist script), that would be great!

It would be great if someone could also look over the changes since 0.9.0.rc0 to make sure I changed MANIFEST.in correctly, etc.: http://code.google.com/r/jasongrout-flask-sagenb/source/list

Thanks,

Jason

[1] This commit disabled it, presumably because there were no dependencies anymore? https://bitbucket.org/jasongrout/sagenb/changeset/32e7bb45055e#chg-spkg-dist