On Jan 5, 3:03 pm, John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, January 5, 2012 2:21:37 PM UTC-8, john.hoebing wrote:
>
> > On Jan 5, 10:22 am, John Cremona <john.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Will this procedure work?  Surely ./sage -i will not work with a
> > > half-built system? Well, I am trying...
>
> > No that won't work, as some others have already found.
>
> It might work and it might not; it depends on whether the sage-scripts spkg
> has been installed yet.  Once that's been installed (check spkg/installed/
> to see), commands like "./sage -i ..." and "./sage --sh" will work.

Yes you're right.   It has sometimes worked and sometimes not worked
for me
so I just rebuild sage from scratch.

In any case, good work to the alpha6 team!  I replaced 'standard/
readline*p2.spkg'
with the new 'readline*p3.spkg' and built from scratch, on Ubuntu
11.10/amd64
with libreadline-dev installed, and it has built and works perfectly.
Even
the sage readline is working!

This build marks the first time since 4.7.2 that sage has built on
this system
with libreadline-dev installed, so I think we've conquered the
readline/r issue.

Good job!

John Hoebing