On Feb 7, 2:34 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got yet another (almost daily now) bug report about our OS X
> binaries being complete crap.  This time from a Fields Medalist!  So
> why don't we deal with this?

William, on a related note, have all the people who used your
4.8.alpha3 or whatever "custom" binary successfully people who would
now have a .sage directory (after having unsuccessfully used the
"regular" binary)?

And I assume this is using the app bundle that caused the problem,
correct?

If there is something wrong with the buildbot one, we could just
create a custom one (I wouldn't, because I don't have libtiff or
something so those files in plot/plot3d/base.pyx fail tests) on a
machine we know does work.

Georg makes it sound like one could test #12161 as being the problem
by removing/renaming the .sage directory and then starting up the app
bundle and seeing if this fixes the problem.  Am I reading this right?

If I find a little time I may yet try this tonight, since ...

> The traceback he sent me is exactly the same as the one that started
> this thread.    This is really stupid.

... you are right about that.  Maybe Harald could remove/hide the app
bundles for the time being, though that's a drastic move.

I wonder if one of our Python updates (certainly not the 2.7 one, of
course) was to blame...