On Feb 23, 11:49 am, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can remove or include whitespace however you want in doctests.
> This cr=True should not make it any easier or harder.

OK, more precisely.

sage: A = graphs.CompleteGraph(3).am()
sage: A.eigenvectors_right()
[(2, [
(1, 1, 1)
], 1), (-1, [
(1, 0, -1),
(0, 1,
-1)
],
2)]
sage: A.eigenvectors_right()
[(2, [(1, 1, 1)], 1),
 (-1, [(1, 0, -1), (0, 1, -1)],
2)]
sage: A.eigenvectors_right()

First test is unedited output, test passes.
Strip out newlines in bases to form second test, test fails.
Add in some spaces near brackets for multi-line basis, test passes.

So, to un-assemble the multi-line output into one line seems to
require adding (unnatural) spaces into the start and finish of the
list.  I'd wanted the second test to pass.

Rob