Hi everyone. Sage got accepted as a mentoring organization for the GSoC
project.

This means, there will a couple of new students who pop up here and start
asking about various projects and other issues regarding Sage. We have
never been accepted to GSoC before, so we also have to find a way to
organize all this.

our page:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/sage

project ideas (only ideas! students can also submit other proposals)
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1v91UmkDvgEInzPFT_g0osid5g69oKKmyx0NclwcyqI4

timeline:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

I already wrote to all possible mentors to create an account at this
google-melange.com page and everyone additionally has to apply as a mentor!
Maybe someone else  feels fit to guide a student through a summer project,
too?

Besides that, there are some resources about this. Additionally to the FAQ
on the gsoc page, i found this:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/notes-for-first-year-organizations/