Harald,
this is great news!

On Saturday, 17 March 2012 05:41:08 UTC+8, Harald Schilly wrote:

> Hi everyone. Sage got accepted as a mentoring organization for the GSoC
> project.
>
> This means, there will a couple of new students who pop up here and start
> asking about various projects and other issues regarding Sage. We have
> never been accepted to GSoC before, so we also have to find a way to
> organize all this.
>
> our page:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/sage
>
> project ideas (only ideas! students can also submit other proposals)
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1v91UmkDvgEInzPFT_g0osid5g69oKKmyx0NclwcyqI4
>
> timeline:
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012
>
> I already wrote to all possible mentors to create an account at this
> google-melange.com page and everyone additionally has to apply as a
> mentor! Maybe someone else  feels fit to guide a student through a summer
> project, too?

I certainly would be most willing to be a (co)mentor.
It would be good to understand whether this is feasible for me. Is it OK to
have NTU (Singapore) as affiliation?
Can you mentor someone not on your campus?
Can I mentor someone on my campus, and if yes, how can this be organized?

Thanks,
Dima

Besides that, there are some resources about this. Additionally to the FAQ