On Friday, March 16, 2012 1:04:35 AM UTC+1, leif wrote:

> Btw, you run into similar problems if you happen to have HOME set but

the directory doesn't exist (e.g. because /home isn't mounted); ECL
> insists on being at least able to *read* your home directory.

Is it so surprising given that ECL is trying to read out your customization
~/.eclrc as described in the manual page? I do not follow the Sage build
methods in detail but ecl should always be invoked with -norc when used as
a compiler for third-party applications and not by a casual user.

Juanjo