On 3/22/12 10:27 AM, Julien Puydt wrote:
Le jeudi 22 mars, Jason Grout a écrit:
On 3/21/12 7:34 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

yesterday I noticed that there are many places in sage's sources (I
only checked in the sage spkg) where inclusions are made with a
filename which looks like ../../../../../whatever (no exageration:
up to *five* levels!).

Shouldn't those be removed, and the right path added to the include
line?

What is the "right path"?  I thought the paths should be relative so
that sage could be moved.

When you move things, instead of changing a hundred of places which
point to them very precisely, you just change the one place where the
include path to them is set.

The goal is to have include "bar/foo.h" everywhere in the code ; and a
single "-I${SAGE_BAR_INCLUDES}" in a build file.

Nice. Of course, with relative paths, the entire Sage directory can be moved and the relative paths still work (since they all stay within the Sage directory. However, your solution would work better if you were moving .pyx files around.

I'd love to get rid of the rather extreme relative paths if we can nicely do it. I can never get (or figure out) the right relative path when it's 3-5 levels deep on the first try.

Jason