On Mar 27, 12:03 pm, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:
> On 27 Mrz., 17:52, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <step...@missouri.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > I am attempting to compile sage-5.0.beta10.  I see there is a new patch
> > in linbox for commentator.C.  But it is not working for me.
>
> > The attached patch did work for me, and I was wondering if it would be a
> > problem for anyone else if this patch was used instead.  This is a
> > replacement for linbox-1.1.6.p7/patches/disable_commentator.patch.
> > Basically I put the "#ifndef" statement around all the code in
> > commentator.C.
>
> > I have a few other patches that are needed for FreeBSD, but they are
> > mostly all very small in nature.  I'll get around to sending them to you
> > guys over the summer.
>
> In case you haven't already, it would be best to get a Sage trac
> account, and open a meta-ticket for problems related to FreeBSD.
>
> Then open separate tickets for each issue, and list these tickets on
> the meta-ticket.

There is in fact a FreeBSD component [1] on Trac and a wiki page [2].
Though a meta-ticket wouldn't hurt either, I guess.

[1]
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/query?status=needs_info&status=needs_review&status=needs_work&status=new&status=positive_review&component=FreeBSD&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component
[2] http://wiki.sagemath.org/freebsd