Suppose I want to create a custom subclass of a polynomial ring.
>From which class should it inherit? It should not care so much about
the
eventual base ring.

I'm a sage development newbie.
Where can I read about the class hierarchy for sage polynomials?
I'm a little confused at the organizational principle behind the
following output.

sage: R = PolynomialRing(QQ,['x'])
sage: R.__class__
<class
'sage.rings.polynomial.polynomial_ring.PolynomialRing_field_with_category'>

sage: R.an_element().__class__
<type
'sage.rings.polynomial.polynomial_rational_flint.Polynomial_rational_flint'>

sage: S = PolynomialRing(QQ,['x','y'])
sage: S.__class__
<type
'sage.rings.polynomial.multi_polynomial_libsingular.MPolynomialRing_libsingular'>

sage: S.an_element().__class__
<type
'sage.rings.polynomial.multi_polynomial_libsingular.MPolynomial_libsingular'>

--Mark