William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be>
>> wrote:
>>> I disagee when it comes to removing parts of a spkg.  Several packages
>>> include only partial sources.  They contain the upstream tree but with
>>> some files/directories (which Sage doesn't need) removed.  I think this
>>> is fine and should be allowed.
>>
>> Indeed.  Many spkg's are full of stuff we absolutely don't want to
>
> s/spkg/upstream sources     (not spkg's!)
>
>> ship.  They have windows binaries in them, java binaries, big pdf's,
>> and other random stuff that wastes space and makes some people
>> nervous.

OK, that's reasonable. I withdraw my objection, though it would still be
nice if we had a better history of what is or was in the src/
directories of SPKGs, if it is no longer considered possible to
determine this simply from the package version minus the patch number.

-Keshav

----
Join us in #sagemath on irc.freenode.net !