On May 20, 5:38 pm, Maciek Sykulski <macie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Nils.
> It turns out the problem concerns any text output from R, not only
> error messages.
> In each case R code is being evaluated (ex. values of variables
> change),
> however no sign of feedback from R if the input is too long.

A related ticket is http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/7681.
We currently have (unless it was changed in one of the updates? but I
don't think so)

        # don't abort on errors, just raise them!
        # necessary for non-interactive execution
        self.eval('options(error = expression(NULL))')

but this doesn't actually raise an error.  So this might be part of
your problem too.

- kcrisman