On Wednesday, 23 May 2012 16:42:24 UTC+2, John H Palmieri wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:50:26 PM UTC-7, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:
>>
>> On 2012-05-23 03:14, John H Palmieri wrote:
>> > Try installing the command line tools and see if that helps. Sage
>> > bundles GCC, but it doesn't necessarily include everything which is
>> > installed with the command line tools, so the machine might be missing
>> > some important component.
>> What are these "command line tools"?  The problem is a missing include
>> file.
>>

> They are an optional part of Xcode: they allow you to run gcc and other
> programs from the command-line, rather than just through Apple's Xcode app.
> So installing them puts various files into standard places (e.g., gcc goes
> into /usr/bin). I don't know if it also puts libraries or headers in
> standard places.
>
> As far as I know, you do not need Xcode app any more! See
http://kennethreitz.com/xcode-gcc-and-homebrew.html
So you can download these command line tools for free
from http://developer.apple.com/downloads
(with a free registration)
With this, why would one need Xcode app for Sage any more?
(well, this is getting slightly off-topic ––  so why won't we require these
tools for installing Sage from Source on OSX 10.7 ?)

Dima