On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Ivan Andrus <darthand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 26, 2012, at 7:09 PM, Benjamin Jones wrote:
>> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM, Ivan Andrus <darthand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> No offense taken.  Who knows what's going to happen after I graduate for
>>> example—maybe I'll get a full time job fixing bugs in Sage, or maybe I'll be
>>> flipping burgers. :-)
>>>
>>> It's important to remember that if it's standard someone _has_ to maintain
>>> it.  Of course, it's also more likely that someone _will_ maintain it.
>>>
>>> -Ivan
>>>

>> From the point of view that making sage-mode a standard package would
>> increase the likelihood that it is maintained, I would support it
>> being included as a standard package.
>
> Do you say that because you feel it hasn't been maintained well, or that it
> might not be in the future since the original author has moved on?
>
> -Ivan

I said that in the spirit that I think sage-mode is a useful package
and any steps we can take to ensure that useful packages continue to
be well maintained is a good thing. I haven't been using it for all
that long, so I can't comment on if it has or hasn't been maintained
well in the past. As for the future, who knows, but making it a
standard package will increase its chances to thrive compared to
making it an optional package.

What is your opinion as the current maintainer?

--
Benjamin Jones