http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/raw-attachment/ticket/9511/trac_9511_givaro_3_6_x.patch
 && hg qpush
hg qimport
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/raw-attachment/ticket/12883/matrix_modn_dense_no_linbox.patch
 && hg qpush
hg qimport
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/raw-attachment/ticket/12883/sage-linbox.patch
 && hg qpush

With that I am down to a few doctest failures. Most of which are
different outputs for random_element() and friends. However, some look
slightly more scary:

sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/tests/french_book/numbertheory.py
sage -t
devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/hyperelliptic_finite_field.py
sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/jacobian_morphism.py
sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/plane_curves/projective_curve.py
sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/elliptic_curves/ell_finite_field.py
sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/projective_space.py
sage -t  devel/sage-main/sage/schemes/generic/affine_space.py

I would *really* appreciate if people familiar with the code could
take a look and track down which basic operations fails.

I also built Sage 5.0 + these patches on /scratch/malb/sage-5.0-linbox
on sage.math. So you can test it without building it first.

Cheers,
Martin

PS: I will be AFK for the weekend starting now-ish.