We don't have an official policy, so this is what I think. The Sage library
has trailing whitespace all over the place, and trying to enforce any kind
of whitespace policy without automation through commit hooks just combines
the disadvantages.

  * The whitespace plugin in the patchbot is purely advisory (and not an
error)
  * You should not take trailing whitespace into account when reviewing
patches.
  * Do not make whitespace visible in your editor (unless its your personal
preference)
  * Do not make whitespace-only changes when you create patches

Basically, its hard enough to get anything done without bickering over
whitespace. So just leave it. Maybe we'll globally chomp off trailing
whitespace when we move to git, but until then don't worry about it.