On 8/25/12 4:32 AM, Maarten Derickx wrote:

        At the end of the 2 week camp the students really appreciated
        learning
        Sage and loved it (according to feedback).  One missing feature they
        would have loved is an integrated chat system, e.g., we did
        public key
        crypto and a chatroom would have been helpful -- we did end up using
        the sagemath irc room, but irc doesn't have good math support.

    I totally agree with the chat system, but IMHO for that to work you
    would also need to setup user "groups", something like Facebook has.
    What do you think about that?

If you run into similar issues again maybe you could use
http://mathim.com/ . It is a no login required web based latex enabled
chat.
The source code they wrote to implement that website is also
available: https://github.com/tommycli/mathim .

You could probably even use the iframe command to embed that in a Sage worksheet. However, it's probably easier to have it off to the side in a different window.

Jason