On 08/30/2012 12:36 PM, Luis Finotti wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I had some changes made in a older version of sage.  I wanted to create
> a patch that I can apply to a new install, without uploading to trac (as
> the changes are not "good enough").  Can anyone tell me the necessary
> commands or point me in the right direction?

In general, if you're trying to sidestep the mercurial workflow, all you
have to do is get an original copy of the file and run,

  diff -u <original> <modified> > foo.patch

to save the differences in a patch named "foo.patch".

Depending on the file you modified, getting the original may be as
simple as downloading the old version of sage again.