On 27 September 2012 07:34, JBT <jianbao....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think my failure on installing sage the other day had something to do with
> installing python 2.7.3 rather than compiling scipy. It seems to me that
> somehow the installer failed to compile basic modules, such as time, math,
> etc., for python. But I am new to both python and sage. So, I could very
> much be wrong.

It would be worth knowing if specific modules failed to build. We do
check for some modules builing which have been problematic. A test
could be added for the time or math models, if they are failing on
some systems. It would make sence to stop the build if one of these
modules failes to build, rather than wait until the problem is
discovered later in the build.

Dave