On 11/5/12 7:40 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
On 11/05/2012 05:05 PM, Jason Grout wrote:

Very nice!

In the spirit of Python [1], "There should be one-- and preferably only
one --obvious way to do it.", may I suggest that you pick one indexing
convention (e.g., round or square brackets) and use that?  I'd suggest
using square brackets since that is consistent with other indexing
notation in python/Sage.

I really like how you can do a[0,2:5] and get back the relevant variables.

I didn't realize foo[1,2] would pass the tuple (1,2) to __getitem__
until the very end, so it would make sense to go back and replace the
function calls with indexing.

I think the only thing we'd lose is a() -> 'a', and that isn't a big
deal (it also isn't technically part of the sequence).

What about a[None] returning a?  That's a little awkward, I guess.

Thanks,

Jason