Hello!

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 03:52:23 +0000 (UTC)
Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2012-11-26, v_2e <v...@ukr.net> wrote:
> >   I removed the package 't1-cyrillic' which contained the files with
> > comma in 'ItalicAngle' value that I listed in one of my previous
> > messages, and now the Sage tests pass fine.
> >   However, I do not understand why the Sage which installed into
> > '/opt' directory depends on some Cyrillic fonts installed somewhere
> > in '/usr/share/fonts'. Is it a normal work?
>
> well, yes, Sage uses parts of the OS, e.g. system libaries, bash, etc
> etc, how else can it function? And fonts, indeed.
> I think that 't1-cyrillic' triggers a bug - one should not use ',' in
> the file names --- or at least this is quite weird practice.
> E.g. on a system without cygillic locale one e.g. has
>
> /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1/qbkbi.afm:' -10.3
>
> I think what happens is that the filenames generated by the installer
> (or fontconfig?) are locale-dependent -
> as you can see, the package itself does not
> have files with such weird names:
> http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/t1-cyrillic/filelist
>
> I just tried installing t1-cyrillic on a non-cyrillic weezy system,
> and I have not got any ',' in file names.

  Well, there are actually no ',' (commas) in file names, but there are
commas in their contents. I mean, *inside* the file there is a
parameter 'ItalicAngle' which contains a comma instead of a point.
  So, could you please check the *contents* of the corresponding files
on your Wheezy system?

  Thanks!
    Vladimir

-----