Hi,

I am new to Sage and I am interested to participate in the development work
of Sage. I would like to understand the codes of Sage.

I would like to know if there is any high level architectural design
document on Sage. I can find fragments of information related to this, e.g.
-  Sage use some other software components like GAP,
-  Sage use languages like C/C++, Python, etc,
-  Sage has object-oriented approach in coding ;
-  Sage has many functional module like Calculus, algebra, etc.

Is there any high level architectural diagram showing the
inter-relationship among these ? e.g. Inheritance tree of the object
hierarchy, dependency among the software components, e.g. a certain
functional module may have used some software components, etc. I think such
document is helpful to beginner.

As a beginner, can anyone share some experience on the way to trace the
codes ? e.g. when I see from tutorial or reference manual on some
functions, any ways to look for the corresponding source codes ? (by
searching the text pattern, etc.)  Or in the other way round, when I look
at the source code, any way to know how to use and run it at sage ?

Thanks in advance.
WM Chung