On 12/2/12 7:24 AM, Andrea Lazzarotto wrote:
2012/12/2 Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de
<mailto:simon.k...@uni-jena.de>>

    I think, you as a computer scientist should be aware that one hardly
    ever needs to take into account 5 million lines of code (that's about
    the size of Sage) in order to understand and contribute to one aspect
    of the system.

Ok but the point is that the entire structure of Sage is built keeping
in mind that everybody is a mathematician and knows how the thing works.
It's not about the 5 million lines (which is huge stuff if you face it
for the first time). It's about the math.

Don't laugh too much but I don't even know what a polynomial ring is. :D

IMHO there should be (or maybe I didn't find it) a "/list of 20 minutes
bugs nobody wants to fix because they're boring but really you can fix
them in less than half an hour if you want to start with something
easy/" thing on the website. :P

In addition to the "beginner" bugs that Volker points out, almost all of the bugs in sage plots and graphics require little to no knowledge of mathematics. Additionally, the Sage notebook programming requires no mathematics.

Thanks,

Jason