I opened a ticket in fedora to bundle cython, ipython and pexpect
for the hopefully very close, fedora sagemath package, see
https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/238

cython hopefully should not be an issue, and I said it should
require roughly 6 months to be able to use system ipython.

About pexpect I am not sure. I recall some comments about
newer versions being too slow. For the sake of using system
packages, I would go with it slower, but it actually does not
work... I did not debug it much recently, but almost 4 years
ago when I packaged sagemath in Mandriva I gave up
debugging, but for somebody that knows the code, it should
not be too hard to at least tell why it cannot be used, and I
can use that comment as the reason of needing to bundle
pexpect :-)

Thanks,
Paulo