On 2013-01-07 23:54, Robert Bradshaw wrote:
> I consider startup time to be one of our biggest bugs...
I suggest to start with the notebook.  Merging the flask notebook added
about 0.5s to the startup time IIRC.  Which is silly since the notebook
is something which really doesn't need to be imported by default.

> If we need to, lets bump it to 4 or even 10 seconds
Wouldn't that destroy the intent of the test? You would never notice if
the startup time increased by 0.2s say.

> Or replace it with something better (e.g. it only fails if
> the load is so small, or looks at user time, or time(startup) <
> time(0.0x * sage -testall)).
If you have any concrete suggestions for a useful test which actually
works, i.e. gives few false positives and not too much false negatives,
please go ahead.

Jeroen.