On Feb 27, 9:39 am, Timo Kluck <tkl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue is that we're upgrading boost, and apparently, its random number
> generator has slightly changed. Therefore, we have some failing doctests
> for random_set.

Do we really want to test our random number generators for
deterministic behaviour? If so, the test should probably at least set
the seed prior to testing things that depend on actual values
produced. Of course, if the algorithm used for the pseudo-random
generator has actually changed, setting the seed would not be enough,
but that should be rare.

The more appropriate thing might be to rewrite the test to check
general behaviour rather than rely on exact output.