On 17/03/13 10:43, Volker Braun wrote:
> Just FYI, I received an Linux/OSX Intel MKL license (its closed-source
> BLAS) for the Sage project . As I've written earlier, I'm planning to
> make Sage more vendor-agnostic so we don't have ATLAS hardcoded everywhere.

Cool. Is it only for you personally or can we get a generic one for
sage development?

Do you have a ticket for the ATLAS independence stuff? Or do you want
to discuss it here. I greped the log of sage-on-gentoo and I officially
declared sage-on-gentoo could use "any" BLAS in Gentoo on Friday 16th of
July 2010:
commit 44c5b767c3fe2af0b372a798d94f9021932bf6a8
Author: Fran<C3><A7>ois Bissey <f.r.bis...@massey.ac.nz>
Date:   Fri Jul 16 23:00:43 2010 +1200

    Sage is independent of ATLAS and can be built against other BLAS.

So if you work on that I have a deep interest in getting my
sage-on-gentoo fixes go away and be replaced by something generic upstream.

Francois