John H Palmieri wrote:
On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:42:52 PM UTC-7, leif wrote:

    Simon King wrote:
     > Hi Leif,
     >
     > On 2013-03-20, leif <not.r...@online.de <javascript:>> wrote:
     >> We do have show(), so we could likely have play(),
     >
     > Why should there be a different command for showing a plot, showing
     > a movie and showing (i.e., "showing to the ear") a sound file?

    Well, you could of course extend show()'s capabilities (and probably
    make play() just an alias), but I think different "players" should be
    configurable, e.g. launching RhythmBox for audio files and some movie
    player for videos, instead of (trying to) play them with a web
    browser, say.

The existing players are configurable, to some extent, by calling
sage.misc.viewer.viewer.png_viewer(...), etc. It shouldn't be too hard,
I think, to add video and audio players to this.

To some extent^TM.

That's what I meant.  Still, mp3_viewer or wav_viewer etc. sounds funny.

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\   Help Cure HTML E-Mail