On 04/11/2013 11:48 PM, Tobias Hansen wrote:
If they are each in a selfcontained folder it's not too much hassle to
repack them from the one tarball. (Ok, still some hassle.) However, I
don't see why they should not be in one source package. Because linking
to c_lib has to be done differently when it is not installed on the
system when the package is built? An important implication of having
stuff together in a source package is usually that they have to be
updated together. That is the case for the parts of Sage.
I agree. I see no reason at all for having separate packages for c_lib and the sage library for example. Perhaps Gentoo has its reasons, but normally I expect this to remain one package.