Dear all,

We are currently updating the "install from source" doc at #14465, but I'm
a little lost about what to say for Mac OS X, see
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/14465#comment:4.
It has been previously stated that the "Command line tools" of Xcode were
sufficient and could be downloaded separately form Apple dev site, but it
does not seem to be the case anymore (I've registered there, there's only
Java stuff and old Xcode 3.*).
First it seems xcode is now free, cannot really check as I have no Mac and
so no access to the Mac App Store.
Second, from what I see at https://developer.apple.com/xcode/, it's stated
that this "command line tools" part is an optional part of xcode that you
can download from within xcode.
So it would mean that to get the "command line tools", you need to install
xcode first...

So should we suggest the user to install xcode and then download these
optional "command line tools"?
Or is this optional part useless once the user has installed Xcode?
Or is there a hidden place from where you can download the "command line
tools" alone as
stackoverflow.com/questions/9329243/xcode-4-4-command-line-tools suggests?

Best,
JP