Indeed, the whole reason many of us do any work on Sage is to help our
research projects.  The principle of helping Sage to help our individual
mathematical pursuits is actually what makes it consistently stronger as a
system.

Find Stat is a great tool for the community, and I think there are other
contexts even inside of Sage where identifying maps between combinatorial
objects could be quite helpful.  (We were thinking today about objects with
representations as different kinds of combinatorial objects, with different
algorithms available in the different representations; having an explicit
list of maps between such objects could be useful for some type-switching
or coercion.)

cheers!