Hi Simon,

Am Freitag, 5. Juli 2013 12:26:19 UTC+2 schrieb Simon King:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On 2013-07-04, Thomas Feulner <thomas....@uni-bayreuth.de <javascript:>>
> wrote:
> > I am trying to build a class which derives from Parent and
> QuotientRing_nc
> > at the same time.

I want to inherit from Y and QuotientRing_nc at the same time. So, how can
I avoid this situation?

> Actually, QuotientRing_nc not only inherits from Parent, but from
> ParentWithGens. _assign_names is inherited from there. Your
> initialisation only takes into account Parent.__init__, but not
> QuotientRing_nc.__init__, I guess that's where the problem comes from.

You are right, maybe my example was to tiny. Here is another one, which
also initializes the
QuotientRing_nc, too:

sage: from sage.rings.quotient_ring import QuotientRing_nc
sage: class Y(Parent):
....:         def __init__(self, gens, names):
....:                 Parent.__init__(self, Integers(), gens=gens, names=
names)
sage: class X(Y, QuotientRing_nc):
....:         def __init__(self, R, I):
....:                 Y.__init__(self, gens=[R.gen(0), R.gen(1)], names=['x'
, 'y'])
....:                 QuotientRing_nc.__init__(R, I)
sage: R = PolynomialRing(Integers(), 'a,b,c')
sage: R.ideal(R.gen(0))
Ideal (a) of Multivariate Polynomial Ring in a, b, c over Integer Ring
sage: x = X(R, I)

But the problem is still there. Do you have any other suggestions?

Best wishes,
Thomas