I think the support for generators in Parents is basically non-functional
at this point. You are better of implementing your own gens() method. See
also my related question here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/3c0vPGOWWMI/AUGgiTrJIigJ

ParentWithGens is deprecated, it is only in the class hierarchy to support
some old code that still uses it.