Hi Veronica,

This seems really interesting. How is progress on your project?

I work in algebraic coding theory myself, and I have been writing lots of
Sage code for this. Most of it is generally useful, but I have not had time
to add it to Sage proper, since that would require restructuring a lot of
Sage's current error correcting code functionality (where a code is just a
generator matrix and all known structure is thrown away).
My library is released as GPL and is available at
www.jsrn.dk/codinglib

Most functionality is related to algebraic codes such as Reed--Solomon
codes and Goppa codes, as well as algebraic decoders for these. If any of
it is useful for your project, then don't hesitate to use it. I have also
been thinking how error correcting codes could be better represented in
Sage, and if you have such concerns with your project, I would gladly join
discussions.

Best,
Johan S. R. Nielsen