Karim Belbas asked me "Did anybody start working on the removal of
genus2reduction from Sage
packages ? (To switch to the much better one now built in PARI.)"

Also  after I mentioned that Frederic Chapoton has recently worked on
the Sage interface to Tim Dokchitser's ComputeL package Karim replied

"This is scheduled for implementation in PARI core.

We actually have one branch ready for inclusion (basically computeL),
and a much better one (Pascal Molin's code) which is still partly in GP
and needs to be worked on."

It would be good to have more people interested in the pari/Sage
interface attending their workshop in early January.

John