On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 07:09:54PM +0100, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> But I think even if I send that log, the bug is rather that Sage should
> check "git --version" and then don't start trying to build git at all,
> no?

"checking whether <package> is necessary" is one part of the problem.
according to some sage developers it must also be impossible to
accidentally run into <package> provided by the (surrounding) system, if
<package> has not been explicitly marked unnecessary. so unless you
change the rules, you will have to resolve #12627 (my proposed toplevel
build system does).

regards
felix