On Monday, February 24, 2014 1:18:00 AM UTC-6, P Purkayastha wrote:

> On 02/24/2014 12:22 PM, Evan Oman wrote:
> > I am using Sage to make visual representations of Graphs(ie of the
> vertex and edge variety) via the show command.
> >
> > However as far as I can tell I can only save these as a raster in the
> form of a PNG or JPEG? I have been a vector graphic snob as of late and
> would like to save graphs as PDF like I can regular plots. Is this
> possible?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> instead of show() simply use save(). You can give the same arguments to
> save() as you give to show(), except for the first one - that should be
> the filename, like
>
> plot(x).save('/tmp/a.pdf', <other show options>)
> plot(x).save('./a.eps', <other show options>)
> plot(x).save('./a.svg', <other show options>)
>
> If the latter two are done in a notebook cell, it will show a link to
> the file.
>

> > PS: I am not sure if this is an appropriate venue to post such a
> question, if this is the case let me know where I should direct my related
> inquirers.
> >

> You should direct such requests to sage-support.

Thanks for the redirect to sage-support! I will be using that for all
future questions.

As for this problem I am using the Graph module which doesn't seem to work
with the save command. I tried the following:

graphObject = Graph({1:[2,3,4],2:[1,3,4],3:[1,2,4],4:[1,2,3]})
figure = graphObject.plot(layout="circular")
figure.save('./test.pdf')

and I got an *AssertionError *referring to a bunch of the matplotlib
packages.

The only way I have been able to save so far has been through saving the
the outputted image via a right click in the browser.

 Is the Graph module incompatible with saving in this manner?