Greetings, Sage Ones,

Some of you may have already seen this, but I've started working on a draft
PEP for adding a dedicated operator for matrix multiplication to Python:
  https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/4351

https://github.com/njsmith/numpy/blob/matmul-pep/doc/neps/return-of-revenge-of-matmul-pep.rst

I'm not sure how this would affect Sage, but since I know you have both
matrix-like types and your own ideas about what various unused tokens
should mean, I figure you'll probably have opinions :-). (Also, there's
some discussion of sage.misc.decorators.infix_operator in the final section
- hopefully I'm not mischaracterizing anything there.) The overall goal is
to come up with a proposal that the whole Python numeric community can
support, and that ideally in the long run will help reduce fragmentation in
matrix APIs, so I definitely want to hear your feedback.

-n