Hi Simon!

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 09:36:02PM +0000, Simon King wrote:
> In what location would you put the specification of an axiom and in what
> location would you put the documentation of a concrete implementation of
> the specified axiom, when axioms are lists of strings?

Just as a tiny complement for those who haven't checked the details:

- The specification of an axiom `A` currently goes in the
  documentation string of the method Cs().A, where Cs is the category
  defining that axiom. For example, the specifications of the axiom
  Associative is defined in the documentation string of
  Magmas().Associative (which technically is
  Magmas.SubcategoryMethods.Associative).

  Oops. Actually that's where it ought to have been; but apparently I
  took the definition of associative for granted. Let me fix that now.

- Documentation of an implementation of an axiom: I assume you mean
  implementation of a category with axiom. The documentation of the
  category of finite groups goes in Groups.Finite.

- Axioms are indeed currently modeled by strings; on the user or
  category implementer interface side, this shows up in very few spots
  (essentially when you ask for the axioms satisfied by a category).
  So we can easily change this later.

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
http://Nicolas.Thiery.name/