On 2014-03-14, Evan Oman <evan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alright I found an old version of freetype in a spkg on here,
> <http://www.filewatcher.com/m/freetype-2.3.5.p4.spkg.1300660-0.html>installed
> it, and the build continued and installed pillow successfully.
>
> After successfully installing several other components I got a build fail
> with this message at the end:
>
> Compiling sage/ext/interpreters/wrapper_el.pyx because it changed.
>       0 [main] python2.7 5460 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed
> by 'unicodedata.dll' (0x790000) is already occupied
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 536, in <module>
>     force=force)

[...]

> Which looks to me like a rebasing issue. So I started up ASH and ran the
> rebaseall command as per the instructions
> here<http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/Rebaseall> however
> restarting Cygwin and running make again resulted in the same message.
>
> I did see another suggestion to *entirely remove *the "BLODA" software
> listed here <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#faq.using.bloda> because this
> software may scramble things and cause issues. I noticed that I may have 3
> of the listed programs(Avast, Lenovo stuffs, and NVIDIA stuffs)  which I am
> not sure would worth it to me to remove(they said disabling would not cut
> it).
>
> Any thoughts?

Note that "rebaseall" does not rebase all the things needed to be
rebased, as they sit in non-standard directories. Sage does provide
custom rebase scripts, see http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/14031
These are MSDOS batch files sage-rebaseall.bat and sage-rebase.bat
Read
http://trac.sagemath.org/attachment/ticket/14031/trac_14031-scripts.patch
for more details.

HTH,
Dmitrii

PS. my experinece with 32-bit Cygwin was awful - I was never able to
finish the build, due to these rebasing issues.