On Friday, March 21, 2014 9:31:40 PM UTC+1, Evan Oman wrote:

> Alright here is the latest error after running the -b version of build,
> doesn't mention any dll's but is it the same issue?
>
> Compiling sage/ext/interpreters/wrapper_el.pyx because it changed.
> Cythonizing sage/algebras/letterplace/free_algebra_element_letterplace.pyx
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 536, in <module>
> Cythonizing sage/gsl/interpolation.pyx
>     force=force)
>   File
> "/home/evan.oman/sage-6.1/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Cython/Build/Dependencies.py",
>
> line 747, in cythonize
> Cythonizing sage/media/channels.pyx
>     pool.map(cythonize_one_helper, to_compile)
>   File
> "/home/evan.oman/sage-6.1/local/lib/python/multiprocessing/pool.py", line
> 250, in map
> Cythonizing sage/rings/number_field/totallyreal.pyx
>     return self.map_async(func, iterable, chunksize).get()
>   File
> "/home/evan.oman/sage-6.1/local/lib/python/multiprocessing/pool.py", line
> 554, in get
>     raise self._value
> AttributeError: 'Cython.Plex.Actions.Call' object has no attribute
> 'perform'

No idea at first...

FYI, I successfully compiled 6.2.beta5 within a 32 bit Windows XP VM using
the fix for bzip2 at http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15967 (and nothing
more IIRC).
Wouldn't you mind trying to follow the same route?
It should be easier to debug.
(On Windows 7, you would also need http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15339 or
pass SAGE_TUNE_GF2X=no which should disable tuning and give you a slower
GF2X but easier to get compiled.)