Kannappan Sampath wrote:

On Apr 19, 2014, at 11:17 PM, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:

Kannappan Sampath wrote:
Hah, nice catch! I did not try either of them and that helps find out more:

Apples-MacBook-Pro:~ apple$ sage --kash
/Users/apple/sage/local/bin/kash: line 4: ./kash3: Bad CPU type in
executable

I get the above. I am using Sage Version 6.2.beta7, Release Date:
2014-04-08.

So, how do I proceed with this one.

Replace the CPU?

Hehe! :-)

Seems you don't have an option (other than that or changing the OS):

In README, they say:

/******* INSTALLATION ** INSTALLATION ** INSTALLATION ************/

To make your life easier we provide binaries of the shell. At the
moment we are supporting the following architectures:

o  Linux on x86
o  Mac OS X on PPC
o  MS Windows 2000/XP on x86

For the above architectures you have to download the corresponding file:

  KASH3-Linux-YYYY-MM-DD.tar.bz2
  KASH3-Darwin-YYYY-MM-DD.tar.bz2
  KASH3-Windows-YYYY-MM-DD.zip

And indeed:

$ lipo -detailed_info kash3
input file kash3 is not a fat file
Non-fat file: kash3 is architecture: ppc

Doesn't seem they've meanwhile disclosed the source code, but I don't really know.

-leif

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/\   Help Cure HTML E-Mail