> >> Who takes care of sagenb.org nowadays?
> >> e.g. maintenance and security?
> >
> > Jason Grout took care of it for the last few years.  He posted that he
> > will not be able to take care of it (and also
> > http://sagecell.sagemath.org/) recently, and asked for volunteers.
> > Andrey Novoseltsev volunteered to maintain sagecell, but *nobody*
> > volunteered to maintain sagenb.org.
> >
> > Unless somebody steps forward, it will be end-of-lifed soon-ish (or
> > least set to read-only mode for a while), since it's a risk to me...
>
> If nobody steps up to maintain sagenb.org by June 2014, I will change
> it to run in read-only mode for a few months, then shut it down.
>
> If somebody does step up to maintain it, we'll create a virtual
> machine, and they will have to setup everything to run in that virtual
> machine.

I really wish I could commit this time, since I believe that this service
has been very useful and a lot of people have legacy stuff, but I know my
limitations (both in terms of nonexistent sysadmin skills and time) and
can't volunteer.

Related: what is the status of the following:

1) *.sagenb.org for values of * other than this?

2) Publishing from the cloud? (In the sense of the "published worksheets".)
 This was actually one of the most important things sagenb.org brought to
the world.

<riff>
Given that we have the ability to scrub the worksheets and only put the
actual input code up there, I would strongly support a "legacy page" which
re"publishes" code only (that is, just as text/css, no js) of the whole
stash of publishes worksheets somewhere like
sagemath.org/oldnotebookexamples/ or something.   Given that
interact.sagemath.org hasn't (yet) taken off as much as it might, this is a
huge repository of actual working examples for people trying to use Sage
usefully.  Which would be very useful for people thinking about using cloud
or Sage locally... it's amazing how many people still look at Sage examples
from its prehistory.

In fact, it sounds a lot like quite a few things I've been reading recently
about OSS and building clientele/business.  Not having it available,
including from links on help lists/ask.sagemath, has definitely hurt.
</riff>