On Saturday, 19 April 2014 11:46:21 UTC+1, KnS wrote:

> Hello sage-devel:
>
> I am trying to prepare a notebook for a SAGE demo at my institute. In
> rying to compute the Galois group, I am stuck here. SAGE complains that I
> have to install KASH while I already have KASH installed.
>

> sage: K.<a> = NumberField(x^13 + 3*x + 5)
>
> sage: K.galois_group()

> NotImplementedError                       Traceback (most recent call
> last)
>
> I think it should be easy to fix, as GAP can do it almost instantly (GAP
4.7.4, from the current Sage,
can go up to degree 15, they say).
(No kash or cash needed :-))

sage: gap_console()

gap> x:=Indeterminate(Rationals);;
gap> p:=x^13+3*x+5;
x_1^13+3*x_1+5
gap> TransitiveGroup(Degree(p),GaloisType(p));
S13

This would need optional database_gap package installed.
(i.e. do sage -i database_gap on the terminal).

HTH,
Dima