Dear list,

On Thu, 1 May 2014 22:21:51 +0000 (UTC)
Simon King <simon.k...@uni-jena.de> wrote:

> On 2014-05-01, Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > did you look at
> > http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/vbraun/doc/developer/git_trac.html#section-git-trac-readonly
> > ?
>
> Yes. I understand that it tells me how to configure stuff so that I can
> *only* pull (and this without password), but can not push (even with
> password).

I don't see why I would be impossible to use read-only for fetching and
ssh-key for pushing. In fact, with git >= 1.6.4 (needed according to
[1]) and with this in my .git/config:

[remote "trac"]
        pushurl = g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git
        url = git://trac.sagemath.org/sage.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/trac/*

which yields this from "git remote -v":

origin  git://github.com/sagemath/sage.git (fetch)
origin  git://github.com/sagemath/sage.git (push)
trac    git://trac.sagemath.org/sage.git (fetch)
trac    g...@trac.sagemath.org:sage.git (push)

I can push to trac with my ssh-key-password (the branch I pushed is at
[2]) and fetch from trac without a password. It's a bit too late in the
evening for me to learn git-trac now, so I tried this only with pure
git ("git fetch trac" and "git push trac master:u/emassop/test"). I
really don't see why this would interfere with git-trac though.

Regards,

Erik Massop

[1]
http://technosorcery.net/blog/2011/12/26/how-i-use-different-fetch-and-push-urls-in-git/